Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunters-

Looking for a solid, comfortable and reliable climbing stand -- mostly for rifle hunting.

Any suggestions? Looking for a good stand and a good value. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I love my Summit climber. It is light, fairly quiet, and has plastic stirrups for quick and easy climbing. Price was about $250.00

·
Registered
591 Posts
The Summits are quiet with that new cable thingy they have. Not bad on weight either. Those stirrups are nice too...

G

·
i have a summit Goliath. comfy and easy as well as really takes a bite. also have some gorilla climbers and after a seat change, i like them too.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nothing like a Summit for comfort and stablity. The customer service is first rate.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
summit here too

·
Registered
247 Posts
Summit for me too best stand by far I have hunted out of all kinds of stands after you have had your summit for awhile then you hunt out of somethin else you will remember how good your summit is. The only thing I would do is get the summit skin.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I use Equalizer stands. More expensive but take a look and you will see why. Nothing else on the market can compare. There are a lot of great stands made but this one I assure you will stand out. If comfort and safety are your 1# concerns take a look at this stand. Watch the video.
www.equalizertreestands.com

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Gorilla Tree stands recieved the "2007 Best of The Best" award from Field and stream.

The Gorilla Pro-Series Greyback™ Deluxe Hunter Model 47026 is probably the quietest, safest & lightest to haul around climber tree stand I've ever used
and I think If you shop around you can find them for around 150 bucks. that's my opinion.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That Equalizer looks great the leveling feature would be handy. I am afraid to ask how much.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I ordered the free video I will check it out. The gorilla's they sell at walmart are junk thats just my opinion, my uncle has one I have hunted out of it.

G

·
i think they, the wally world gorillas, are great, for the $$. just have to get rid of that fishing net seat and get one like on the summit. got 5 set up like that and they're super. $50 for the climber (after hunting season clearance), $15 for a new seat. total $65. and you can't shake them out of the tree once they are locked in.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
i think they, the wally world gorillas, are great, for the $$. just have to get rid of that fishing net seat and get one like on the summit. got 5 set up like that and they're super. $50 for the climber (after hunting season clearance), $15 for a new seat. total $65. and you can't shake them out of the tree once they are locked in.

I'm guessing you probably havent seen their newest design, it's super comfy.

Pro-Series Greyback™ Deluxe Hunter

take a look it's a whole new Gorilla

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I'm not positive but about 2 months ago I saw one at Dicks sporting goods and I think it was 159.95 or 169.95
So i'd bet they can be found on the net for a buck fifty..

G

·
I received a brcrhuo

I received a brcrhuoe in the mail today from Windermere called Home Update (volume 32, issue 2). It contains some tax information and has a sidebar titled Inheriting Real Estate. It states in part: After being suspended in 2010, the tax sometimes called the death tax because it's imposed on the real estate and money inherited from loved ones who have passed away has been reinstated, but with all-new rules. One big change is the amount you can exempt from the tax, which is now $5 million. That means if you inherited property (and/or other valuables) in 2011, you'll only pay tax if the total inheritance was great than $5 million. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not a tax professional), but I don't think there is a federal inheritance tax in this country. And I don't think this is a matter of semantics (inheritance/estate). The last sentence is wrong either way. You don't pay federal tax on what you inherit; the estate is what is taxed, when it exceeds $5 million. Again, if someone knows differently, please educate me. Rate this comment: 0 0

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a gorilla stand. nice and quiet and definetly light enuf to carry a long way if needed. 17 lbs on the box. payed 140 on e-bay

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had been looking at the climbers but after reading these post and watching the video I think i'll stick to my box stands. I can build a decent 4x8 for $165 with Lexan windows. It just don't get much safer than a box and my girls can hunt with me too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts