Deer Hunting Forums banner

clean miss

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  wrangerrambler 
G
#1 ·
missed a 150 poundish 6 point this evening. arrow caught a hemlock limb and went right under him. then he had the audacity to walk all the way around me out there about 45 yards. well at least he wasn't scared. he came to the can. if i had been using the front stuffer probably would have ended differently. oh well, i'm sticking with the bow still..........for now anyway.

G
#3 ·
that is a thought that keeps creeping into my mind while sitting in a tree. "what if that booner goes walking by at 50 yards? you'll wish you had the gun then won't ya. whats the mater with you, bringing the bow when its a gun season?" then i shake it off.

G
#6 ·
it would be too much temptation, timber.

and yup the primos bleet can. here is a trick that most don't know. you can control the length of the call and the volume of the call if you blow throught the small hole while pointing the other end up.

#7 ·
just came in from the woods about 45 minutes ago and would have loved to have missed. About 3 weeks ago I shot at my first deer witha bow this year and got excited. I missed 3 inches high. (Beautiful 13 pt) This evening i shot a decent size doe with the bow. Looked and looked but found no blood. Heard her run and crash, but never found her. Found my arrow where she crashed and to my extreme dismay my arrow had broken off and was only missing about an inch. I'm just sick with myself that I shot her in the shoulder. Found only 2 drops of blood the size of a drop from a medicine dropper..... I am so sick. I wish more than anything when hunting that I would have missed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.