Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is the 1861 Merrill Carbine I got today. Bore looks very good and breech seal is very good which means one could fire it. Still looking for a solid value on it? However, just to hold a Civil war carbine that most likely saw action is pretty cool. Sorry about the paper products in the picture.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
That is an awesome piece of history right there, I don't know the actual monetary value but the historic value would be worth way more to me than dollar value.
Congratulations!!! that's a great addition to any mans collection.

·
Registered
824 Posts
That is an awesome piece of history right there, I don't know the actual monetary value but the historic value would be worth way more to me than dollar value.
Congratulations!!! that's a great addition to any mans collection.
What BB said is right. History and sentimental value means (to me) a lot more than monetary value.

Hey, I thought the "paper products" in the photo were to use after shooting it. From what I've heard about carbines, they have a lot more recoil than their longer versions. Let us know if what I've heard is correct if you ever get around to actually shooting it. :coffee:

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got on line and there's actually a ft/lb comparison and the Merrill has 2X the kick as a 30-06, something like 36 ft/lbs. Doesn't sound like fun to me. Those were some very tough men fighting terrible war on their own soil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.