Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bet her momma is SOO proud! What better way to show our patriotism to the world on the biggest sports stage ever, than to have a glorified wanna-be "thug trash" lady sing our precious National Anthem song.

:shocking: <---- me when they introduced her at super bowl!

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
YEP! While she was singing I was getting ready for work. I turned it up so I could hear it. (one of my favorite parts of the super bowl)

Im in my room getting ready singing along and I start thinking SHE DONT EVEN KNOW THE WORDS!!! Either Im messing this song up or she is one, and I really didnt think it was me! At least we know she didnt lip sing it.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it was Letterman or Leno told a good joke the night after... "thanks to Christina, now every National Anthem at the Super Bowl will be lip-singed!"

I'm surprised the crowd didn't pick up on it and BOO her.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Our National Anthem

I will never understand why people feel the need to funkify the Star Spangled Banner. It needs to be sung with the respect it deserves and our Veterans fought for. Christina Aguilera's mockery of our Anthem was disgusting, even bordering on treasonous. Thank you Veterans and God bless America!!!

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Wow, you guys are brutal. I'm sure she's regretting her mistake but it's the same mistake that's been made by many other people. When someone makes that mistake I don't get too upset with them, I actually become sympathetic for the embarrassment and ridicule they're going to endure. Christina Aguilera donates a lot of time and money to many Charities, I don't think we should be so quick to throw her to the dogs because of a mistake that any one of us could have committed especially when you know you're singing (live) in front of millions of viewers... I'm not a big fan of hers but out of the many other female pop stars, she's one of the few that I would choose to see continue her work.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Oh and I do agree if anyone is going to sing the Star Spangled Banner, I wish they'd just sing it without trying to glorify their vocal abilities or in many cases, inabilities.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just saying... On one of the biggest stages of the year, pick someone who is more credible. Someone who is less trashy (and I call her that because when she first started singing my mother called her TRASHY!) We don't need someone who takes 4 minutes to sing a 45 second song. Sing the song with respect, with dignity, and leave it at that. I don't like/dislike someone just because they give money to charities either. She obviously practiced the song this way and had the intent to sing it like that (excluding the wrong words-- i believe that was a goof off). There are much more classy singers out there than Christina Aguilera. Comon'!

Martina McBride
Faith Hill
Sara Evans
Taylor Swift
Trisha Yearwood
Carrie Underwood
Sugarland
and I'm not even going to list the MEN that could do it!

** I'm not even going to talk about what she was WEARING to sing our song EITHER! SAAAY WHAT?!?!?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Tator, aren't those suggestions all (country singers). :nerd: I'd have to object on that basis. Just poking some fun there. :w00t: I'm not going to beat her up too much because the blame goes to the superbowl intertainment group. They picked her and we suffered. :crybaby: Most singers at hockey games are better than she was. :shocking:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha HM, you're exactly right.. to me, country music is the ONLY type of music there is! Plus, it's the only music I can actually listen to a whole song and UNDERSTAND the words- not just a bunch of phrases and words thrown together because they rhyme.:w00t:

At least it wasn't some rapper rapping the national anthem. That might be worse than Roseanne singing it a few years ago. :shocking:

If you're thinking rock, I'm not too sure how Ozzie would've done with his satanic spin on music! haha Steven Tyler would've been worse than Roseanne singing while 100 little kids stood behind her running their finger nails down a chalkboard! :wallbash:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Our National Anthem

What's wrong with having a chorus, soloist, or duet from the military sing it? All the branches of the Armed Forces have individuals or groups for just that purpose. As far as messing up the words, maybe if she would have spent more energy on singing it correctly and less time on being a trashy showboat, she might not have goofed!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
was watching the Missouri/Oklahoma basketball game this past weekend on TV and noticed that a local woman sang the national anthem. NO mistakes, NO 4 minute song, nothing was wrong with her preformance.

Now why can't a multi-millionaire singer do the same when she's being paid GOOGLES of money to sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl? I have a question.... since she sang it wrong, is the contract void???? :):)

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
The steelers showed up and did it all wrong too, should their contracts be void?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I dont think she intentionally wanted to bring this embarassment to herself.She messed up but lets get over it.She didnt disrespect anyone but herself by looking stupid.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The steelers showed up and did it all wrong too, should their contracts be void?
Realy. i think the steeler put up on heck of a game. exept a few key plays the steelers controled the flow of the game for 3 out of the 4 quarters. and i agree if she spent 1/2 as much time focusing on singingit right as she did trying to be a show boat she would have done it right. but i do think maybe just maybe had they hired a true singer instead of some trashy pop star than things would have gone alot better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts