Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
That's something he'll remember forever, what a buck and the second one seemed not to be good friends with the dead one.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
honastly

i wouldent be to proud of myself if i had to hunt in a place that was that over polpulated with deer to get one. must be on a deer farm. seriously the deer were so usto people that he had to run at it yelling to scair it away from another dead deer. then the guy goes back to wispering right after he is done yelling at the deer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
LOL! Yeah.....whatever.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
it was kinda strange that the other deer didnt run away

·
Registered
30 Posts
Intresting footage of huge domesticated deer... Deer on deer ranches and deer farms are like livestock that they charge thousands of dollars to kill !!! It's a cool video but its definitely domesticated deer... think about it guys a wild deer that is as big a those were are extremely smart... and the one that hung around after all the commotion of the kill was definitely not smart a wild buck would have halled outta there !!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well Hunt NH, after watching the video again, I will have to agree with ya. It was kind of pointless that he went back to whispering after yelling to scare off the other one. I guess there was no point in that. I still wouldn't mind getting one that size someday.

The place I hunt is waaaaaay overpopulated and I am always proud of myself when I make a kill. Maybe it is because I am so new to hunting, but I don't think the feeling that I get will ever grow old. Although, I may never truely feel the excitement of what it is like to sit in a stand day after day and wait for a deer to show up before I get the kill. I am sure that would be an even sweeter victory by far.

I wonder if he took the first deer with a rifle if the other one would have high tailed it out of there? I have never been around domesticated deer before so I have no idea. The ones I shoot at usually don't stick around for long.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
that bow was so loud it might as well have been a gun:surprised:.dont apologize for enjoying your hunt any deer taken legally is a good deer:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It could be the buck is in rut, they will do some really stupid things when all the blood drains from the brain to other parts. :yes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
were those deer hand fed from birth. must be on some sort of farm the seemed pretty domesticated

G

·
i think i'm with buckshot on that part of it, about the rut, and with joel on the no apologies thing. we should all have it so rough to hunt where deer are over populated. grin i've said it before and i'll say it again hunting is a management tool. thats not all it is but it is a tool. (careful i know what you're thinking, grin) thats why nh has a very limited doe season. trying to grown the herd. its qdm and in the case of states or landowners that have point limits or spread limits there is more emphasis on the "q".

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry fellas I had no idea that they were farm raised or on a ranch or whatever I just thought there were 2 crazy rutted up bucks caught on video.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts