Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the new contests for 2011 season in our contest forum.

3 different ones so far.

$100 for best buck

$25 for best trail cam pic

Wildlife Research giveaway.

Does anyone have any more ideas for another $25 contest???????

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about doing a points system for deer taken in a season. But TN's would have an advantage.

If I did 3 pts for a doe and 1 point for each legal point on a buck a Tennessean could blow folks out of the water. Some areas can tag 3 doe a day!

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah..

1 entry per person. You can edit your entry post though. So if you happen to tag a better deer or get a better trail cam pic 2 days before the contest ends you can change what pic you want entered.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
If I did 3 pts for a doe and 1 point for each legal point on a buck a Tennessean could blow folks out of the water. Some areas can tag 3 doe a day!

MO hunters can take unlimited does (in most counties). I don't really need 10 does, but we also have a Share the Harvest plan where hunters can donate for FREE. I get to control the doe herd without it costing me anything and I get to help out families that need meat.

·
Registered
602 Posts
another forum i am on tried doing the points for deer and hogs in a team contest-- it was the down fall of the forum.. to much arguing..

·
Registered
602 Posts
lol... how about an ugliest deer gun.. just a beat up and abused deer gun, doesn't look pretty but gets the job done...

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
I like FlexJ's Idea considering in NH I can only get 3 deer a season & we are lucky to get a shot at 1 good one & have a hard time thinking that the biggest buck would come from NH + haven't had squat on the camera this year
at least my daughter would have a chance

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yo gf.. Notice it didnt say biggest buck.. but whatever got voted "best buck"

Some folks like heavy mass, some like non typicals, some like bow kills..

We can do the other $25 for youth sportsman that tag a deer.. Fine by me..

Ill write it up later on.. Got to work all weekend..

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
How about a senior contest :nerd: Oh, thanks BF for expanding the awards programs and making things more enjoyable for all. I'm for youth programs anytime. I can't see a doe award for regular adult members. I could see someday having separate archery, muzzleloading, and all other firearms big buck awards. I like the idea of judging by members should make for some interesting reading!

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
yo gf.. Notice it didnt say biggest buck.. but whatever got voted "best buck"

Some folks like heavy mass, some like non typicals, some like bow kills..

We can do the other $25 for youth sportsman that tag a deer.. Fine by me..

Ill write it up later on.. Got to work all weekend..
sorry misread that but I do like the idea of a youth contest if it can help a kid get out in the woods & hunt I would donate the $25
& I would hope it came back to my house even though my daughter has yet to harvest her first deer I just love hunting with her more then anyone else I hunt with

·
Registered
986 Posts
sorry misread that but I do like the idea of a youth contest if it can help a kid get out in the woods & hunt I would donate the $25
& I would hope it came back to my house even though my daughter has yet to harvest her first deer I just love hunting with her more then anyone else I hunt with
100% for the youth,they are or future

·
Registered
799 Posts
and there is no limit in Illinois for does either

1 - 20 of 50 Posts