Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since gun season has started i have not seen one deer. And i dont remember last year being like this. Can someone please give an explination for this.

R

·
0 Posts
pressure. deer don't like it and will bury up in the thick or relocate to a low/no pressure area.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Everything seems a bit off this year. The deer with the mild weather simply go nocturnal, like ronn said with all the hunter pressure. With the rut going bucks still have to travel, so you should be able to see some movements during the day. I think the true trophy bucks are strictly nocturnal at this point. This past two weeks in PA we saw the fewest deer ever for the time we spent hunting. Spotlighting at 8pm showed the deer were there but there wasn't a need for them to move during daylight hours and this was archery season with limited hunter intrusion.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I'm dealing with the same thing here in Vermont, I've only seen a few doe's and 1 unicorn, that little buck literally had one antler about 2 inches long! :shocking:
the places I'm hunting are public lands and this year they are overrun with other hunters, they're pushing the deer so far into the thicket I'll be shocked If I even get to see one this rifle season, I'm just hoping they don't all hunt with Muzzleloaders, Muzzleloader season follows our rifle season but we still have 11 days left for our rifle season so there's still some time to find a Buck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i guess i cat relate to what yall are saying. I just think that it is weired how this season is going so far.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i agree with the previous posts i think that the weather has changed alot of deer behavior but i am still seeing a few scattered bucks during the day mostly when just driving around and they are on private land where there is almost no pressure on them. it would be great to get a hard cold snap across the country to try and push the deer to move during the day it is still 60's here in KY during the day so hopefully when some cold comes in the deer will be forced to move during the day i would try hunting a very low pressure area if possible and in a very thick wooded area again if possible the deer might be staying inside there because there is not fight for food right now but when they need food after a bitter cold then i would hunt daylight to dark. and near food. good luck thats just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts