Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning from a new guy.

Heading for Manitoba next week for deer and just realized that I have no idea if I can bring the meat back. Any of you folks have any experience?

Thanks...TED

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Hey TED338, welcome to the forum. Sorry I've never hunted across the Northern border. I only venture up there to play lacrosse and check out the falls. But I'm posititve somebody will have info for you. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
welcome to the club. like timber said someone that way should have the info you need. if it is restricted for you to bring it home i believe they usually just have to check the deer for diseases and such. if its a clean deer then you can bring it home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You should probably check with US Customs and possible the USDA. I would start with Customs and ask them if you need to check with someone else. We pay their salaries...make them work for you! LOL!

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Yeah check with US and canadian Customs ALSO with new 9-11 border and customs regulations and Homeland security Regulations,
I'd be checking on what the Laws are regarding Bringing a rifle into Canada and back home again..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Sorry not to reply sooner but computer hit the skids same day I posted. Thanks for the advice, can tell you that getting the rifle is not that hard. Need a US pasport and Customs form # 4457 to prove you own the weapon; must have this form to bring the rifle back to the US also. No handguns, no way, no how.

TED

1 - 6 of 6 Posts