Deer Hunting Forums banner

Calls and scents on public land?

9K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  YoungGunz 
I agree with all of the statements above but I'm going to go in a different direction. I'd double it up. Use 2 drag lines and apply doe in heat urine to one and buck urine to another. I'm a Code Blue fanatic but its not the only thing that works. I also like to hang some of each on scent wicks around my stand. If the dominant buck comes in and smells another buck tending a doe in his territory, he's gonna get upset and come investigate. Of course having a lot of does to every buck can lessen the effects here. I've had good success with this on public lands but I try to avoid calling because a lot of people here do it.

to touch on your scent bomb issue tator, ive seen the exact same results. i dumped code blue buck urine out and put a camera on it and 4 bucks actually started making a scrape there. ive done the same thing with the buck bombs and seen nothing at all. i strongly believe that the aerosol messes with the urine. i dont doubt that it smells perfectly fine going in but i know the deer notice a difference from what ive seen. i also hunt in VA, not the midwest. populations are a little lower and bucks are a little shyer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.