Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Cant imagine seeing one of them.Do they sound like a freight train coming thru the woods?The size of them are unbelievable.Awesome picture.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Excellent picture! In Sep '09 I heard a racket while sitting in my stand on a bear hunt in Maine. Thrashing and grunting up a storm, a bull moose (not quite that big) strolled by, stopping every 50 yards or so to prove to some tree, just how tough he was...lol. It was tough sitting there watching him go by at about 50 yards, all the time fondling my BLR/.450. I was obviously not bright enough to grab my camera instead tho.......:crazy:

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
they can but they can also be silent. they don't fear much out there which in my opinion makes them the most dangerous critter in our woods.
It is amazing how a 1000lb animal can be stealthy but they can Ronn pretty neat that you have leaves on the trees already & all your snow is gone being about an hour or so away & it is still over my knees here :lol:
Plus he still has his antlers

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That is a great pic. I expect one day to have an Elk stroll through but that moose is great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts