Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater than 7.5 years old

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....so I realize that I tend to ask this question quite a bit but, how old do you think this buck is???

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I think this is a 5 1/2 year old Buck. How old do you think he is ETD?

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
I don't know I cant see the rings to count them (sorry)
looks to me like approximately 3 years hard to tell in the pics but he doesn't look too old

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this is a 5 1/2 year old Buck. How old do you think he is ETD?
I don't know Bruce....I want to say 4.5 yrs old....but his neck and belly are really messing me up...Based on last year's pics he looked 3.5 and the year before that he looked 2.5....well here are the pics from the past years...

Last Year --> Year Before

G

·
you're right about the belly and back. I would have said 3.5, and did. but he must be older than than that based on the pics you have.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
What do you want to change your vote to Ronn, I think I can change it for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
well now that I see the previous year Pics I would have to add a year sneaky asking for a vote & withholding evidence LOL :eek:wned::surprised:

G

·
that deer also has a pretty defined jaw. doesn't have that flappy area where the jaw starts and the neck ends. hey i know pull a tooth and lets fined out for sure. better yet let me do it. grin

·
Registered
790 Posts
4 1/2 all day long. Nice buck. 1 more year and girl he will be a whopper. Gosh you get great pics ETD.:wink:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Look at the hind quarters. He is as wide in the butt as the front. Race horse look is not on that buck. Wait until rut he is going to be impressive.:shocking:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
ETD, that's one nice buck you have there. I'll join the majority and say he's 4.5. I think another year would give him a bit more of a roman nose and a little more fill out in the belly. That would make a great mount! The 12 pt in PA has not been captured on cam yet. I hope he is still in our area first week of Nov.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I don't know Bruce....I want to say 4.5 yrs old....but his neck and belly are really messing me up...Based on last year's pics he looked 3.5 and the year before that he looked 2.5....well here are the pics from the past years...

Last Year --> Year Before

In the 2006 Pic, I gotta say he looks more like a 3.5 yo buck which would make him 4.5 yars old last year and 5.5 this year. :w00t:
Also, a 2.5 year old buck will most likey have a small to medium set of antlers where at 3.5 will have med to large antlers. I would say in the 2006 pic he has a med - large set, I don't believe they are small - med sized.
So now (especially) after seeing your "thru the years pics" I'm convinced more now than before this deer is clearly 5-1/2 years old. :w00t:

·
Registered
790 Posts
It could be a coin toss. I did think all pics were of this year. I don't know Texas deer but for Maryland here he would be 4 1/2. In any case ETD he would make a proud addition to your wall. Send us your best pose with him in your hand.:photo:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts