Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Satruday was opening day of gun season here in New York, Also marking the end of Archery season and the first year in the past five I have not harvested a deer with my bow. The only deer I saw saturday was a doe and not having a doe tag had to let her walk by. Sunday morning I woke up to get stoke the fire, looked out back and saw a nice buck in the dim light. As it got bright the nice buck turned into a very nice buck. I woke my wife and brother up so they could see him. He slowly worked his way across my yard and around my house following a big doe. He was a gorgeous 9 point, one of the biggest wild bucks I have seen. There was that temptation to shoot him, it was close to legal shooting time with plenty of light...

End of the story was I let him walk and filed it away as a nice memory. The only bucks I have harvested were 3 pointers. I didn't want my first big buck to be shot from the house, that just dosen't satisfy the hunter within me. Maybe I'll run into him in the woods if he lives though the week.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Your story reminds me of a "story" told by one of the game wardens here in the county. On the edge of town, there lives an 80+ year old grandmother. Her property sits just outside the city limits so she's not bound by any of the city regulations concerning the discharge of a firearm. To make a long story short, there's a nice pasture out of her bathroom window so during hunting season she's "taking care of business" while taking care of business. I'll let y'all figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.