Deer Hunting Forums banner

buck bomb

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  CowboyHokie 
#1 ·
anybody used this stuff /results opinions.heard positive reviews i have never used it.how long does it last?

G
#3 ·
i used it last year with great success. i used two cans. the first i made a trail (spraying the limbs and the area at intervals as to not waste all the can) walking away from my stand on an old logging road on our property. when i got to the end of my shooting lane i set the can off on the ground to finish it off. the second can i just set of in the middle of a 2nd shooting lane without making a trail. the deer (7 point) followed the trail and then cut across the semi-wooded path to where i set off the second. my reasoning for this was so that i could get my rifle up completly unknowticed while we was in the semiwooded area. complete success. since then i saved up enough to buy 14 more cans (2 per day for each day of rifle season).
Happy hunting!!

G
#6 ·
i am a firm believer in them. 2 companies seem to make them. i have used both and only seem to get result from the comany that makes them in the black can (cant remember which compant makes it). as for how long it lasts, it seems that the scent sticks to everything and lingers for SEVERAL hours. that being said...try not to get it on your hands. i set one off in the morning and can still faintly smell it on limbs i have sprayed until the early afternoon at which time i set off another just as a "recharge", although i probably don't really have to. also, the claim to work up to 1/8 of a mile when set off on the ground. however, my hunting parter says that he set his off on the roof of his deer stand to get that little extra distance. he and i combined probably used 8 cans last year, and only had one semi defective....that is that the can only released havf its contents. but when he called the company, they gave him a voucher for another can. so all in all, VERY well worth the shot. i shot one doe and one 7 point using it. and he got a 6 point. keep in mind, with any lure and call, it will not bring you in a deer EVERY time.

#12 ·
Most of the products go for around 10.00 when not on sale. 33% off now at dicks and MC sports. remember now, that's 10.00 for 5 oz of scent vs 6.00 for 1 oz in bottles. or more.

#13 ·
Thanks predator-- i'll have to hit up dicks this weekend! Our MC sports here in central MO doesn't have hunting gear! wish it did though.... they have TONS of outdoor kyacking and gortex gear, but I NEVER SEE ANYONE BUYING IT! crazy!

ALSO- does anyone else's wal-mart run out of hunting stuff before the season even gets here? Mine does... and it ticks me off. That means I have to travel about 35+ miles to another LARGE hunting store and buy stuff there. So much more convenient to buy it at wal-mart. they are completely out of scent spray, body wash, scent killer spray, and just about anything else you would want/need. PLUS if you don't buy your ammo now.. you won't be able to get any before rifle season. THEY RUN out! How rediculous is that? Think about all the money they are losing...

#14 ·
"PLUS if you don't buy your ammo now.. you won't be able to get any before rifle season."

That's one reason why I try to grab a box here and a box there during the rest of the year (since I'm practically living in a Wally World when home anyway). They have all the "normal" calibers that I hunt with, relying on other stores in the area for the "oddball" ones like 6mm Remington for example.

#15 ·
I used the Bomb last year while xbow hunting. I had leg surgery in October so I couldnt use a tree stand and was on the ground. I used an entire can in one spot. First I sprayed surrounding bushes and then I just sat it on the ground. Within 10 minutes a young spike came in within 10 yards of me and started acting real suspicious and downright goofy. He stayed around and was right over the can smelling everything. He looked at me several times as I was sitting on a small knob sandwiched between two big pines, but I didn't flinch and he couldn't figure me out as the threat. I let him walk after 30 minutes of him hanging out...

I'm 1 for 1 with the bomb, so I'm waiting to use the esterous bomb in a couple of weeks..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.