Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
I was born in Newark NJ but spent most of my life here in Vermont.
I'm currently in Williston, Vt. I've never hunted Canaan Vt the nearest to there would be Island Pond. I've hunted soooo many areas in Vermont, It's amazing but it's really a beautiful thing as I think back on some of the places I've hunted in... :thumbup: Some Great Memories that's for sure.. :coffee:

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
Ronn I't would be nice to think you are correct but the hard facts don't support your beliefs... If I was to rate the Current Vermont hunting conditions (without gathering a bunch of facts) I would say,
This past year (2007 Season) we moved from POOR to FAIR hunting conditions.

check out just this one New England outlook report from 2004

New Englands 2004 Deer Outlook

"The Green Mountain State posts very good numbers in terms of total bucks harvested each year, but it has struggled in recent years to produce trophy bucks of record-book quality."

That Quote says it best and from then (2004) to now (2007) it hasnt gotten any better BUT now because of the new antler restrictions (2005) Vermolnt is starting to see an upswing in harvest, size and overall quality...
With Fingers crossed, I hope it stays on this better track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.