Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the son call last night and said he has 1 special employee purchase through Dick's sporting goods, either a Winchester or Browning firearm. Tonight I told him I would take a Browning X-Bolt special hunter which is in win 325. His deal is 50% off. I can't pass on this one. He really has wanted a 325 so in the very long run he will get it for free! Take a look at the X-Bolt special hunter model with a raised comb and really nice walnut stock. This is going to be a costly year again :w00t:. Now I'll need another scope. :crybaby: This just may the perfect rifle for a fixed power scope say in 6X??? All I know about the 325 is what I've read which says heavy bullet very fast and accurate. Anyone have a 325 or shot one?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I own a .325WSM in a Browning BLR and really like it. If one studies the ballistics and trajectory tables and compare numbers there with both a .300WM and .338WM, you cannot help but be impressed, IMHO. As a lever rifle, it brings almost 4,000 FPE at the muzzle to the table. No other production lever comes close.

A good friend of mine purchased an X-Bolt in .308 last year and used it on our January hog hunt dropping this nice Boar. He is very pleased with the rifle. :thumbup:

I think you picked a winner!! :yes: added: I topped mine with a 2-7x33 30mm Leupold. I like the idea of low power available too, especially if looking for a wounded hog.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.