Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
I'd been thinking of

I'd been thinking of an AR-7 last year but deciedd to go with the Marlin Papoose instead. Got a chance to fire the 10/22 takedown last weekend, and it seems to be a VERY nice design = takes down faster than the Papoose OR the AR-7. And in every other respect, it's a 10/22. I can see one showing up under the menorah this Chanuka.

·
Super Moderator
8,470 Posts
Ronn you got it right, my son got rid of his 260 with the boss. I've never experienced such an ear percing drum blowing rifle sound. I thought it was the caliber but maybe it's all boss equiped rifles. Of the two rifles I'd choose the Browning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never been on here before, but I have some input.

I own both.. The X-bolt is a Medallion in .300wsm and the Ruger is a MKII Ultralight in .270win.

Both are great guns, they are two different actions that essentially accomplish the same thing. I think it all depends on your preferences in a rifle. Do you prefer a hinged floorplate or a box mag? Controlled or push feed? Tang safety or M70 type? The browning has a wonderful trigger, better recoil pad and the slickest magazine system I have ever used... but I have cursed it when I forgot magazines at home!! The Ruger has a better safedy, scope mounting system and I prefer the CRF type action. I understand the Hawkeye's LC6 trigger is an improvement over the MKII, but I have not tried one.

My X-Bolt is a tad more accurate, but the Ruger has a real light contour 20" barrel which I'm sure doesn't help with 5-shot groups.

It's always a toss up between the two when I go out hunting, unless the wife comes, then she gets the Ruger:smile:.

Hope that helps... You really can't go wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.