Deer Hunting Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
I'll second the montec...I like the one piece design, and that you can resharpen them. I have used these for a few years now (since they came out) and haven't had a problem with them yet. Actually some of the ones I will shoot this year are the original ones I bought. I'm sure some have shot multiple animals. They are very rugged broadheads, and obviously you don't have to worry about failures or broken blades. Before shooting montecs I shot the muzzy 4 blades, and they were good too. The only reason I chose montec over them is that after you shoot a montec into the ground (through a deer) most of the time the blades will chip or look serrated. This means you have to get new blades...not a big deal, just more inconvenient than resharpening a montec.

· Registered
1,138 Posts
I have shot Muzzies and Thunderhead 125 for years and have prettty well settled on the Thunderhead. I like fresh blades on my hunting arrows and it would be very expensive to replace the mechanical broadheads as often as I do the others.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.