Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody try this
trying to get one of these set up but cost's just under $40K
there seems like there is interest but I would like to hear from people that have used one
the one I am talking about is a big screen you actually shoot at with your bow & a rubber tipped arrow

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
These have been around a long time. The one I shot was in Monroe Michigan and got a lot of use. That was 12 years ago. I can imagine they have have improved them quite a bit now. Back then they charged something like $15/hr to shoot. You had to shoot their arrows that we're a close match for yours in weight/spline.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are two makers of these systems. I know one is Dart and the other one might be called Techno Hunt. I have shot them both and they are alot of fun. As far as profit and reliability I would talk to some shops that have them.

Shops around here that have them are Flying Arrow sports in Carmel NY and East Greenbush NY. There is a shop on Central ave in Albany but the name escapes me. Archery Connection in Schoharie Ny has one.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I've seen one that was inside a tractor trailer. The screen was at the front and you would shoot a little ways from the rear of the trailer. The animals would be walking and the shooter would wait for a good shot and take it. The screen would then show the vitals and where the arrow hit. It was a really good view in which the vitals and shot mark were very visible.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys
Well I am going to see if I can get this going it seems like it would be great winter practice & the closest indoor range is about 2 hours away

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
That would be awesome to have.... but WAAAAY too expensive for me...

One of my buddies built him a new house and it has a Huge basement, along the back side of the basement he built the wall out from the foundation about 3 foot. It's a really long narrow room that he has built into his house for archery practice. It's AWESOME! it's only about 30 yds, but still, that's all you need for indoor practice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.