Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behind my house we have been seeing the carp like crazy. Just lazily floating around at the top of the water. These pics of the fish are from about 7 days ago. Today when we finally found a bow set up for fishing we went down there and just about all the fish were gone. I hit 1 fish out of about 8 shots and it got away. I think i must have just barely nicked his upper back and he was able to just pull loose. If it would have been a better shot there is no way he could have got loose.

Our bow shot very badly. But if the fish had been in like they were it would not have mattered. We could have basically shot in the water and had a fish.

Old school bow fishing equipment

Some random pics from a week ago. They were everywhere. We counted about 300 over 100 yd strecth of bank. The farthest shot would have been 25-30 yds. They must have knew we were coming.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
That set-up brings back memories. Living on Lake Erie we shot a lot of carp. Some weighed as much as 30-40 lbs but the avg was 5-10. Nice pics.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That set-up brings back memories. Living on Lake Erie we shot a lot of carp. Some weighed as much as 30-40 lbs but the avg was 5-10. Nice pics.
Yeah huntingman my buddy that brought the bow said he hadnt used it since he was a teenager. I guess im young. I was thinking it would be a compound rigged up. Im thinking that whenever I purchase a new bow I will use my old one to set up for bow fishing. My neigbor says they come in like that every year for several weeks. I should get my moneys worth outta of setting it up.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sounds like fun always wanted to do that i just found an old light recurve today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts