Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait-- unfortunately, won't be able to get out tomorrow night. FOR SURE going Friday evening! Any thoughts on hunting in morning or evening when bow season starts?
My thoughts are that evening is WAAAY better. In MO, we're having a mild end to our summer and it's in the 60's in the morning, but seems like in the evening is when the temp drops into the upper 50's and the deer seem to love the feel of it.
How is it up north of MO where it's obviously cooler this time of year? How about south?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Man u guys r killing me everyone hunting except me and timberghost.gotta wait till oct 16th.i to early on prefer evenings seems to be more movement.good luck tator

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Good Luck you guys, Don't forget to use your safety harnesses if you climb into stands...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it may be killin' you to know we can hunt right now... but it's killin' me being at work and not being free to hunt till friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
in nc ours started last saturday. Been watching a big 15" x 15" 6 point and a slightly smaller but still good 9 for months. Finally got a shot at the 9 last night and he ducked my arrow.

all six deer stayed for another 40 minutes but was unable to get a shot again... But the good news is... they werent but so spooked :pickle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts