Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bow season opens thursday (9/15) here in Missouri. The weather is going to be right. Low of 47 and high of 68 here. The deer should be moving!! Can't wait!! When does everyone else open??

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Bow season opens thursday (9/15) here in Missouri. The weather is going to be right. Low of 47 and high of 68 here. The deer should be moving!! Can't wait!! When does everyone else open??
AMEN semo! I probably asked you this before, but what part of semo are you from? I'm in north central MO, (Randolph Co.)

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
NH starts tomorrow also Turkey & deer

·
Registered
820 Posts
Opens this Saturday for us. I won't even be able to go for a couple weeks anyway because I'm still healing from a skin graft I got last week. :sad:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tator,
I am from dunklin county. I am about 30 minutes from Poplar Bluff. It looks like now I wont get to go til Saturday bc of work.:sad: Did you get to bow hunt today?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Tator,
I am from dunklin county. I am about 30 minutes from Poplar Bluff. It looks like now I wont get to go til Saturday bc of work.:sad: Did you get to bow hunt today?
Nope, didn't get to go today... I prob won't get to go until sunday evening.

now I remember you! Poplar Bluff,, home of the Hansbourghs????

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
well I got out of work late & wasn't going to bother going out but I decided to go for a couple hours
saw two very nice does one was well into bow range but as luck has it Doe season in NH doesn't open till Oct. 1st Buck only right now go figure
but at least I saw deer opening day

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, didn't get to go today... I prob won't get to go until sunday evening.

now I remember you! Poplar Bluff,, home of the Hansbourghs????
Yes, Tyler and Ben. They both were very good basketball players. Tyler is in NBA now and Ben has signed to play pro ball across seas. I will have report on monday of my first weekend of bow hunting. I am ready!!:w00t:
Let me now how ur hunt goes.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
well I got out of work late & wasn't going to bother going out but I decided to go for a couple hours
saw two very nice does one was well into bow range but as luck has it Doe season in NH doesn't open till Oct. 1st Buck only right now go figure
but at least I saw deer opening day

DADGUMIT gfd... you need to move to a state without so many doggone restrictions.

Temps here in MO have been in the low to mid 60's during the day and down in the 40's at night... I'm starting to itch

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Tator I know but we are a small state with a derr herd at approx 60,000 deer
thought it was due to our do population but went out this evening and had 12 doe & 4 skippers in one field all within bow range darn rubber heads are now messing with me yup temps started dropping here too tonight supposed to be low of 29 going to be an icepop in the stand tomorrow morning hope it is clear in the AM so the Sun warms me up a bit

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got into woods for some bowhunting action. I got to go out friday evening after work. I seen 5 does and 2 small bucks. The 2 small bucks were playfully pushing on each other. None got close enough for a bow shot. I really enjoyed just being out in the woods, but I really hate them chiggers!!:crybaby:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts