Deer Hunting Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
ive also studdied the difference in a 1 year old and a 2 year old buck then i compared them to the does. im pretty set and determand that this is a 2 year old buck and will deffinetly be a monster buck if it grows to be 4-5 years old

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
this months issue of outdoor life has some good pics and explanations on how to field judge/age deer pick it up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
moultrie 4.0

joel i have a question about the moultrie. you know how it goes into sleep mode then when it gets distubed and wakes up and takes 60 seconds to take a picture. is there any way to turn that off? i read the directions but i might have missed it. i want it to just snap the picture right away

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ya got the wrong guy for that i dont have one im sure someone else can help ya though.glad to hear ya get both mags so do i ,good stuff in there,ive been a subscriber for 25yrs:biggrin:

G

·
Hate to say this HM, we all have that trophy. Its that grown when we stand, that limp that shows out after about 3 miles of walking, that head clearing sound we make when we get out of bed in the morn, our posture that says "I hurt". oh to be young again. well younger anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
haha im only 15 sucks to be u guys. unlike most teenagers i do all the deer hunting for myself i do all the food plots and fill all my feeders and pay for everything

·
Registered
562 Posts
That 60 second delay is the shortest time you can set it on. I think you misunderstand the delay though. When you first turn it on (in the auto mode) it gives you 60 seconds to get out of the way before it is 'armed'. Once it is 'armed' and something walkes in front of it, the camera will immediately take either 1, 2, or 3 pics (@15sec intervals). The delay is 60 sec beween being triggered (the pics are being taken during the delay) Does this make any sence?

So if you set your camera to take 3 pics each time it is triggered with a 60 second delay time and the camera is continually being triggered it will take 1 pic every 15 seconds until that big buck is gone. I don't know...this is a little hard for me to explain...even my brain hurts now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
i know exactly what you mean. the delay starts but it can take however many pictures i have set in that time. after those pictures if there is still movement it starts the 60 sec over. is that what u meen?

·
Registered
562 Posts
once it is triggered the pictures are taken and your set delay starts at the same time. The 60 second delay means it can only be triggered that often.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
thats the great thing about toys playing with them:biggrin:

G

·
if you do 5 pics a min the rest of us are going to invest in Duracell. you're going to go through batteries like crazy.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
do they make lithium batteries for those cameras yet?that stuff lasts

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
ETD, or Ronn, can you give me some good starter settings for the Moultrie 4.0 game spy cam?

61 - 80 of 96 Posts