Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you all read any hunting books? Are there any that you really got a lot out off or liked the best?
I liked and would recomend:

Mapping Trophy Bucks by Brad Herndon:thumbup:

Moon Struck by Jeff Murray with Myles Keller:thumbup:

Hunting Whitetails By The Moon by Charles J. Alsheimer:thumbup:

I've read a quite a few books. Most repeat stuff that most long time hunters already knew and tend to duplicate each other. Still anything and everything to gain more knowledge or remind a guy and keep his head working. These three are very informative.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I have a couple books from Peter Fiduccia and Gary Clancy on deer and turkey. Great books and very informative and educational.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i got a shelf of em.Peter Fiducia is one of my favorites.a funny one is ,buck petersons complete guide to deer hunting..Patrick Mcmanus is another funny guy.bill buckley writes good duck books with awesome photos.also everyone should own some petersons field guides to help identify trees and shrubs.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Here's one of my Fav's by Patrick Durkin.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i got that one too.great article on ethics

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't read that one. is there a chapter on ethics? its not trying to tell the read what is ethical and what is not is it?
maybe i'll see about getting that one.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i lent it too someone .I have to get it back .Ill send it to you.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Joel but i'll just get one from amazon. I've had to much stuff disappear in the mail. if you were right next door i would love to barrow it but...... its safer that way.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jay thats why I started this thread. in order to get some titles out there that people didn't know about.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found a copy of that book used very good condition for 86 cents plus shipping 4 bucks. so I'll be looking for it.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
86cents I think i paid 20$

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
:ranting::ranting::ranting::lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
whats that mean? Did I make you angry? Its 86 cents I can't go wrong. its humor Joel, again lighten up. Or did I misunderstand the red face.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
it was a joke.stop telling me to lighten up

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
looking forward to reading the book. sorry its hard to tell reading and writing what people mean sometimes. just didn't what you to think i was being facetious. I appreciate the recommendation. Anyway sorry for misunderstanding.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More books I've read on hunting and one on guns that is a very good book to read if you rifle hunt.

Make It Accurate by Craig Boddington ( the gun book )

Moon-phase Deer Hunting by Jeff Murray

Bow Hunting Pressured Whitetails by John Eberhart & Chris Eberhart

Bowhunting Forrests & Deep Woods by Greg Miller

Aggressive Whitetail Hunting by Greg Miller

Bow hunting Tactics That Deliver Trophies by Steve Bartylla

Stand Hunting Real-world Tactics for Today's Trophy Whitetails by Steve Bartylla

Whitetail Wisdom A12-Step Guide by Daniel E. Schmidt Foreword by Charles J. Alsheimer

If Nature Calls......Hang up! by Outdoorlife A Classic Collection of Outdoor Humor

Whitetail Fundamentals and Fine Points for the Hunter by George Mattis

For Big Bucks Only by Jeff Murray for North American Hunting Club

Hunting Whitetails Successfully by J. Wayne Fears for North American Hunting Club

Bowhunting Trophy Whitetails An advanced Approach To Taking Mature Bucks by Bobby Worthington for North American Whitetail

Whitetail Wisdom by North American Hunting Club

(A couple others I've read but didn't think were very good)

The Masters' Secrets of Bowhunting Deer Secret Tactics From Master Bowmen By John E. Philps

Hunting The Whitetail Deer by Norm Nelson

White-tailed Deer by Gary Clancy and Larry R. Nelson

WOW! I guess I've read more than I thought. Along with the three best I started the post with. A lot of repeat info but each had a little something in them that's worth reading.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hey Ron...Bowhunting Trophy Whitetails by Bobby Worthington, How was that??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts