Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone strictly use Blackhorn 209? I've read that you can acheive a little more velocity with the same grains you presently use, but that it is way cleaner than other powders. I've used 777 pellets for 6 years now, and the performance is great, but contrary to what they claim, this stuff leaves a lot of crud ring after 3 shots. Any input?

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you use 150 grains of 777 or pyrodex you only use 120 of blackhorn MAX. Be careful with it and read the instructions. If you use only 100 of the other you can use 80 of blackhorn.
I am a hard sell on change but Blackhorn is everything they claim. I now use it exclusively.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Blackhorn forever, I have used everything blackpowder, pyrodex,777 and now blackhorn. I liked the idea of the convinience of pellets but once I tried the blackhorn my red neck stopped glowing! lol

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I use Blackhorn powder for my TC inline. Its a great product so far, however, it still leaves some residue, more than I was told. One nice thing is there is little smoke which is good. 100 grs and a 250 gr TC shockwave shoot really well.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for the comebacks on Blackhorn. I like the convenience of pellets, too, but I am going to have to try the Blackhorn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts