Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well went out scouting this morning & seems my area is loaded w/ birds this year. went out for about a 1/2 hour & saw well over 40 birds (this is a huge number for my area) almost 1/2 of them were male birds 8-10 were very nice longbeards I have the fever now can't wait to take my daughter out in two weeks
still debating whether to use the new shotgun or the new bow will have to check & see if I am allowed to bring both don't see why I couldn't
it is open for both

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah like a kid in a candy store deer season feels like it was years ago I am so ready to get back into the woods

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup tom's have been gobbling & struting for a couple weeks now but the hens do not seem interested yet
Think the hens are a little smarter too much snow still to lay eggs

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I'm itchin' to get out there... opening day was today but my wife's out of town till tuesday night so daddy's having to stay home! That's ok though, I'd rather play with my boy than hunt anyday...

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
yeah, but at 2 1/2 that wouldn't lead to much good out in the woods!!! Give it another 2 1/2 years and he'll be out at least deer huntin' w/me. Maybe not shooting yet, but there soaking it in!

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just give him a push box call & let him go to town calling for ya
don't know how much he would like the ole shotgun going off though

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we had a light thaw after most of the snow fell just enought to crust the top so they could travel fairly easy biologist's say not much winter kill here
& from the amount of birds I am seeing they seem to be right

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Yeah be weary if your neighbors are the ones telling you that info! They may just no want you to hunt this year! I have a neighbor like that. "OH, those turkeys are all dead this year, ain't no use huntin' them at all!" guess who'll be out opening morning? THAT SAME GUY! haha TURD.
Here in MO we had ALOT of snow this year (not like you all up in the NE did though). But I've had turkeys showing up on trail cams ALOT this year.... much more than usual.

·
Registered
820 Posts
lol no.. it was a family member who told me that, he even invited me to hunt on his land this year. He also told me that this winter was so bad that his neighbors said that deer would wander into their yard and die because of starvation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.