Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mid-west going to take a pounding next 2 days. 10-20" of snow with wind and possible freezing rain to boot. :thumbdown: Looks like I missed the earlier post on this storm. Toledo is just about dead center as it approaches tonight. Got gas for the snow blower and have tomorrow off, kinda, looks like I'll be working at home anyway.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
So sick of the deep freeze.We got it early in buffalo but have been dodging the storms as of late but everybodies gonna get this one.Snowblowin Tip for cold weather-OLDGRANDAD

·
Registered
824 Posts
Our 35 deg first thing in the morning is also supposed to be the day's high temperature. Temps will drop down into the mid-upper teens here in Central Texas tomorrow night. Supposed to be below freezing from tomorrow ~ noon for next 72 hrs after that. Time to get out the extra blankets and bundle up when going outside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mid-west going to take a pounding next 2 days. 10-20" of snow with wind and possible freezing rain to boot. :thumbdown: Looks like I missed the earlier post on this storm. Toledo is just about dead center as it approaches tonight. Got gas for the snow blower and have tomorrow off, kinda, looks like I'll be working at home anyway.
Sounds like a typical winter day in NY. :lol:

Seriously, be safe through this storm, everyone. Go slow and get to where you're going in one piece.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Been getting hit pretty hard here in R.I this year with totals well over the three foot mark in January alone. Had to change the oil in the snowblower already and the kids have missed so much school there is probably going to be no April vacation for them. On the upside I have made several hundred dollars snowblowing/ shoveling this year and with being unemployed that helps.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
someone needs to stick some of this Global Warming up Al Gore's alley! :wacko:

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
well they predicted 14-20+ here looks like we got 6-8 was way off but still more then I wanted still snowing but looks like we may get another inch or 2?
Go figure

·
Registered
820 Posts
Luckily we haven't gotten any more snow since Monday, but its just downright cold now. And its a good thing we haven't gotten any more snow because I broke the winch cable on the fourwheeler on Tuesday night...I wasn't a happy guy.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
well Wisconsin I didn't want you to be out in the cold with a broken cable all alone, I did the same thing yesterday as I was plowing with my 4 wheeler.
Called a buddy to come give me a hand sneaking the cable back out through the Fairlead, I couldn't work the switch and snake the cable at the same time... LOL
1/2 hour later I was pushing more snow again....
We ended up getting around 14-16 inches...
Good Luck to everybody,, I hope you all weathered the storms safely.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
we got lucky in buffalo only about 6inches,still bitterly cold,and i raise up the white flag for this winter.hope everyone is well but this winter is horrible.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
We got the same weather buck ..Last weekend ruined me 70 deg sun shinning......i think it was 18 this morning and it felt like it..
No ice or snow im living with it

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
anybody get hit hard by the ice? Here in north central MO we only got about a 1/10in of it. But we got around 18 inches of snow. I don't don't mind the snow... but it's going to be one big mess when this all melts.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.