Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New pics.let me tell you how dumb i am,and also this should teach us(me) a lesson.i decided not to shoot my muzzle loader before going hunting.i have used this one for 3 years now,it's always been on.this morning about 7:00 i missed a buck(not the one in the pic).came back home not very happy.shot my gun to find out i was shooting almost 6 inches high.i don't know how it happened,stays in my gun cabinet always.i was shooting same bullet,same powder.just goes to show,make sure.feel free to give me crap.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
you're not the first nor will you be the last, that's the good news. Great lesson to pass along to everyone, thanks for being honest with your experience in-order to alert the rest of us in-case we forget, which we all will at some point.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
its sounds like my hunting bud...i dont mind it because he wont kill my deer...he thinks his cross bow is always in site,,,dosent want to spend the $ for the fancy sabo slugs to see were it hits ,has the same box from years before....you just gotta shoot to see what your doing.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It's a hard leason but it is easy to be complacent and "believe" the gun is still sited in. I hate it cost you your buck but it is a good reminder for the rest of us. Our MZ season starts Saturday I think I will go shoot my gun. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah, well scopes don't belong on "primitive" weapons anyway. I don't know why they allow modern muzzleloaders in primitive hunting seasons. My buddy this weekend made a 180 yd shot on a doe with his scoped, inline, shotgun primered "primitive" firearm.

Take your scope off and put a little sport back into it. Plus...iron sights are more reliable.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
c'mon flex,i will say that it would'nt bother me if we could'nt use in-lines.i think with in-lines you have a better chance of a clean kill.i'm not saying you can't do it with the thumb busters,to each his own.let's support all hunters,no matter what they shoot or hunt.we need more hunters in our sport.that's why i'm passing it on to my kids.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Don't matter to me what we use as long as we get good results. It does make you wonder why we have a differnt season for MZ and riffle. Follow the money.

·
Registered
56 Posts
as bad as my eyesight as gotten over the years I have to have a scope one every rifle or muzzleloader that I own. Scopes dont ruin the sport it just helps some of us with poor eyesight to make a clean kill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts