Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
I love my Moultrie D55IR you can get them for under $100 on Ebay (NEW)
may not be the best for under $200 but you can get 2 for under $200
work great takes nice pic's batteries last a long time

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I just purchased and put out Moultrie's M80... it takes SHARP pics and they are crystle clear at only 5mp. However, I do recommend that you set the sensitivity to LOW b/c I last checked it after being out a week it had 912 pics and about 800 of them were of weeds or leaves moving! It ain't gonna miss anything!
It's around $130, and small sized!

Like GFD said, the Moultrie D55IR are nice, but buy them online. Bass pro and cabelas still have those cams for well over $150 and you can buy a brand new one for around $100 on ebay. Bass pro did have the D55 (not IR) on sale for $75 last time I was there (friday).

I would like to try the Bushnell and I swear it'll be the next cam I buy! They are around $130-$150

Stay away from Cuddebacks, they are junk, it's like buying the cadillac when you can buy the same chevy for $30,000 less.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Not sure why they are getting so cheap,,, i haven't had a problem with mine ever. D55IR is a good cam!

****it may be because no body is returning them and therefore they don't have that added cost they have to make up for???? makes sense, right gfd? I think WGI dropped their prices just to get rid of what they had left of those models. I don't think you can buy IR4's anymore at bass pro or cabelas.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Well I can tell you one that is not.. Primos Truth Cam 35..

Takes awesome pics but tears up repeatedly. It cant handle hot weather. In winter it will do you fine. If you like shipping stuff back and getting a new one mailed to you though this is the one I would buy!

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
****it may be because no body is returning them and therefore they don't have that added cost they have to make up for???? makes sense, right gfd? I think WGI dropped their prices just to get rid of what they had left of those models. I don't think you can buy IR4's anymore at bass pro or cabelas.[/QUOTE]
sounds like it to me I know of a half dozen people with the D55IR & have not had any issues

Well I can tell you one that is not.. Primos Truth Cam 35..

Takes awesome pics but tears up repeatedly. It cant handle hot weather. In winter it will do you fine. If you like shipping stuff back and getting a new one mailed to you though this is the one I would buy!
sorry BF it stinks Tator & I know how you feel
it sounds like WGI is making cameras for Primos

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I'll throw in my 2 cents about primos.... they're JUNK too. I had a primos truth cam 60 and just like BF said they can't handle the heat. Mine turned NEON green b/c of the heat exposure and began to shut off. I had it out half the summer before I knew what was going on. I kept seeing signs of deer but no pics. Wasted my whole summer messing with that peice of junk. I'll either be buying moultries or trying bushnell from now on. -----That is until Reconyx gives me a job and gives me free trail cams for life! hahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.