Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it's practically a full moon out, when's the best time of day to catch deer foraging for food? Was out at dusk today and didn't see or hear squat out at my place. Usually I'll at least hear something out there, but today I didn't hear didally squat!

Any ideas fellas??? Oh, almost forgot! Ladies???
(Can't say that I'm a male chauvinist!) :biggrin:

R

·
0 Posts
full moon? hunt middle of the day. late morning to early afternoon. they will be out feeding all night by the light of the full moon.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i have kinds stopped paying attention the moon. atleast on my place in Georgia. Hunted the full moon this season. did an all day sit twice. 2 days in a row, on different parts of real estate. still saw deer in the morning around 8 - 8:30 and in the afternoon around 4 -5 oclock. middle of the day was nothing. but, that was on my place. your area might be different. worth a shot, can't shoot them sitting at the house.

R

·
0 Posts
i have kinds stopped paying attention the moon. atleast on my place in Georgia. Hunted the full moon this season. did an all day sit twice. 2 days in a row, on different parts of real estate. still saw deer in the morning around 8 - 8:30 and in the afternoon around 4 -5 oclock. middle of the day was nothing. but, that was on my place. your area might be different. worth a shot, can't shoot them sitting at the house.
yup. nothing is cast in stone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts