Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best pellet or mineral you have used for the deer --what helps the antlers grow and tastes good to them.......
I've tried Record Rack and they have taken to it pretty well.....they aren't goin crazy over it but they will eat it and it helps the antler development

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
That's a tough one for me anyways. I usually use whatever I can afford and what is available. I don't really know much about the nutrition value of anything I just try to help the deer as much as I can.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
we cant feed em here ,but i hear whitetail institute makes some good stuff.I tried the samples they sent with some food plot seeds and the bears ate it all in one day:yes:

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out yesterday and bought a 25lb. bag of Purina Deer Chow and see how they like that.........

·
Registered
3 Posts
I USE DEER COCAIN TIL THE HOLE GETS TOO DEEP , THEN FILL IN THE HOLE AND PUT IT OUT IN ANOTHER LOCATION WITHIN 10 FEET OF THE ORIGINAL LOCATION, I ADD MOLASSAS WITH IT, JUST TO SEE IF THEY LIKE ONE OVER THE OTHER. THEY DO.

·
Registered
591 Posts
ETD I use a mineral for Dairy cattle. Got the recipe from a biologist. I went to the feed mill to have it made and he had the same thing (almost) as a dairy mineral. If you want it holler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts