Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been rifle hunting for a few years and I've been itching to get a bow. Anyone have any suggestions on what bow would be best for a beginner? I'm female, my draw length is ~27inches. I'm going to Bass Pro on Monday morning to see what they have. I don't know how much I can draw for weight, but I'm thinking I'll be lucky if I can draw 40lbs. I'll need to work my way up I'm sure. I'm willing to spend between $300 and $400. I'd like something that is good for a beginner but could later be used to hunt if I get good at shooting it, so maybe something that has an adjustable draw weight.

Are there any (brands/types/etc.) that you absolutely wouldn't buy? And why. Are there any you recommend over others?

Thanks!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shoot as much as you can daily but stop before arms fatigue. Shooting with fatigued arms will only caz you frustration in sloppy shooting.
That right there is probably the best advice I could be given, hadn't even thought of it!

The Bass Pro Shop near where I live is great. I'm sure some of them might be crappy but it depends on who is working, and from my research I knew the bow had to fit so if they hadn't wanted to bother with that I would have gone elsewhere. In this case, the guy took a ton of time with me to select the right bow and get it set up for me, like over two hours of his time. I went with Diamond Razor Edge, it was $329 and the draw weight is 30-60 which is great because it was difficult to pull 30lbs after I had drawn it a couple times. I'm sure I'll work my way up, and they'll adjust it for me for free as soon as I'm ready. I don't plan to hunt with it until at least next season, and I'm sure it will last a few years. At that point if I like bowhunting I might pony up the money for a more expensive bow. Thank all of you for all your advice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.