Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
I agree with both previos posts & no offence to Bass Pro but I would also recommend a local bow shop at least to look & try them out proper fit to me is more important with a bow then a rifle. For me Hoyts fit the best others it could be PSE, Matthews or others the local shops usually carry all or most of the major brands & don't seem to push one over the other $400 should get you into a nice beginner set-up (new) but for your first I would not rule out used you can get a great set up for less then $300 My local shop will sell some very nice setups for $125 & up so if you decide you do not like the sport you can easily sell it & not be out a good chunk of change & with the local shops if you do like the sport you can always trade it in on a better bow Just a thought

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
congrats on the bow I agree with Fly I have not heard anything bad about them either don't get caught up to much about a more expensive bow being better either yes some of the more expenive bows are built better & shoot faster but I can tell you even the lower priced bows are fast enough to kill deer I have friends that will not give up their bows from the 80's & 90's they just know their bows very well, they kill deer with them so they don't want to change. If you take care of your bow & maintain it regularly It could last a lifetime. Keep that string waxed & use a good quality wax not the cheap department store stick & that string will last a long time. I have said before I shoot around 1/2 to 1 dozen arrows every day all year long & wax my string weekly if I am hunting I wax it everytime I come out of the woods I had that bow for 4 years sold it to a buddy & he has had it for 2 years & the string still does not need to be replaced
good Luck with the new Diamond
one last thing like Fly said
"shoot as much as you can daily but stop before arms fatigue. Shooting with fatigued arms will only caz you frustration in sloppy shooting."
not only that but you can do damage to your body Trust me I pulled 5 different muscles & tore 2 muscles almost 3 years ago & my shoulder is still not right & may never be

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.