Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I do not yet but am fixing to add a .223 Bergara barrel on my Prohunter. Saving $80-100 on the barrel gets me a better scope for the roof. The quality of these barrels are outstanding as they use high quality barrel blanks for starters. I have a friend who has one in .300 win and he is shooting MOA at 200 yards. You must use the the std TC hinge pin with these barrels and not the oversized Belm hinge pins. Mike Belm was at the Spain plant for 3 months working with the crew. If they are good enough for him they are good enough for me.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hunting man,
I used to use a Bushnell 3x9x50 with the quick focus eyepiece on my Encore 50 cal BP but all I got for my trouble was a banged up bridge of the nose. Now don't get me wrong it was not the scopes fault, I sometimes would not hold firmly while shooting therefore the bloody results. I do use the same scope on my 7mm mag and 300 win mag both 700BDL with no blood loss. lol
I can laugh now that i'm healed.
So my solution was to go to the Nikon Omega Muzzleloader scope with 5" of eye relief. I shoot much better now that I don't have to worry about getting smacked.
Now i did read that some of the guys say that the field of view is less because of the eye relief but for me to date it has not been a problem.
daddus1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts