Deer Hunting Forums banner

Benelli Nova for ducks?

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Lizette 
#1 ·
I'm 12, 5'9", and 145 lbs. Would a Benelli Nova or Supernova shooting 3 1/2 inch mags work for me?

#3 ·
one thing i would suggest is try to get out and shoot one if you havent. and ill tell ya, 3 1/2 inch shells hurt. im 5'8'' 165-170 and i can only really shoot maybe 10 rounds before i have to take a break. now that being said, im not really a shotgun guy. dont even own one, my wife has a 20GA ithaca youth model, thats a fun little shotgun. not that easy for me to shoot due to it being a youth model, but its still a good time, light on the shoulder too. but if you determine that the 3 1/2 shells work for you, go for it. and be safe.

#7 ·
I think I'll save up my money & have my dad buy me a Nova because my 870 20 Ga. youth model is to small. After a day of hunting my middle finger is black&blue and swelled up to the size of a cucumber.:pickle:

#13 ·
Benelli makes slug barrels for the supernova however there not cheap.Badger barrel company also makes barrels for benelli.I have a tactical supernova. The benelli isnt pretty but it is indestuctable and reliable.I would not put the browning on its level.The browning is prettier but the benelli is a better design and will shoot and chamber anything you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.