Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DGB and myself are going on a muzzleloader hunt this weekend. Will post results.:yes: :yes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good luck to you. Looking forward to seeing some great results:biggrin: I hope there will be some pics to see...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet!!! good luck to ya. what part if the country is this hunt in??
It is in Cherokee National Forest. There will definately be pics, of what ?????? who knows.:bag:
DGB and myself made the trip 2 years ago and almost died from a primitive cabin that we stayed in. BUT we dont talk about that place anymore.:tongue:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cherokee area

I talked with a fellow who hunted bear in that area :rolleyes: . I think he stayed in a tent!. :w00t: He liked it enough to want to go back for sure...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had discussed a tent, but after adding up the cost of a good one and sleeping bags and no showers...etc.... we decided to splurge for the cabin with the big screen and hot tub! Ha

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
to warm for ya???

you better take some bug spray and shorts.. dont forget the flip flops.. i hope the weather is cooler there than it is here. it might not make a difference in the hunt anyway. they still got to eat. and they gotta move to eat. no delivery from papa johns for them..

there is just something about it when its so cold that you pee out sleet, :w00t: you just know its huntin time. ive always said if its over 60 degrees it aint huntin. though that saying aint true i just like it better when its colder outside. hope the weather cooperates with ya.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive always said if its over 60 degrees it aint huntin. .[/QUOTE]

Not true at all dude. Anytime away from work and the old lady is hunting and us to be enjoyed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
good luck

well hopefully yall got to tag something today. hope all is going well out there toughing it out in the nice cabin, with the hot tub, and the big screen, and all the hunting you get to do. hey im jealous

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The cabin...................
Hot tub broken.
No yard at all
Too many fallen trees (DGB says from pine beetles) toughest 150 yards i ever traveled.

The hunt.................
No deer
Alot of hog sign ALOT
No hogs at all
Saw one bear (inside bear resrve)

Decided to try Catoosa next year.

Oh well, we got drunk and ate 28 oz steaks

DGB and his coffee.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:coffee:

·
Registered
156 Posts
better luck next time

It seems it wasn't a total waste of time you had good steak.. I might add no one around here knows how to cook one properly, beer...wouldn't know if that was any good; don't drink, good company.... I'll leave that assumption up to you about the company :biggrin:, and time away from home. Seems like all in all it wasn't that bad . Just didn't get to bring anything home.
Well better luck next time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have decided on Catoosa for next year. Boar and deer. Doing alot of topo work now. Gps and such.

:nerd:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Topo. GPS, and such

Hey, you talk like a land suveyor or such like. When I was in surveying, you had to crawl along the ground and measure each dip..:biggrin: ...it took a while, but it worked.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Hey, you talk like a land suveyor or such like. When I was in surveying, you had to crawl along the ground and measure each dip..:biggrin: ...it took a while, but it worked.
you must be 80 yrs old. it seems tech had progressed quite a bit since your days of surveying!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey eddy how did the hunt come out,did you hunt around Coker Creek,man I love that place. Me and my wife rented a cabin there last year. I was not hunting but just rode thru the Mountain's it was so nice up there,where we stayed there was no one around but us,and my son and his daughter. :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts