Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have good results with these bullets.are they really worth the high price tag.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
wmi, I'm going to try the Barnes bullet in the new T/C Triumph rifle at the range. Should get it early next week and mount the scope. I'm reading where people are getting better groups using grandular powders over pellets what do you know on this? Thanks HM

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only use the granular powder u would be amazed how much 5 to 20 grains will improve accuracy. You cant do that with pellets. Also have switched to bh209 well worth it no crud ring!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
very good point on the grandular powder. I'm an old black powder and pyrodex man and need to learn some of the new current loadings. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went and bought the 290 gr tez. Shots awesome groups with 105 gr of bh209 out of the long range hunter. Cant wait to try it out on a deer in 3 more weeks!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just tried the Blackhorn powder this weekend and all I can say is WOW!. Finally something /product that does excatly what they say it will do. A little bit of a pain to go to powder versus pellets however 3/4 or less groups at 100 yards is unbelievable. I use to think 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 was good for a muzzle loader but not anymore.
Even an old dog can learn new tricks.:yes::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
barnes has a free cd out called bullet myths busted watched it last night it was about 20 mins long

·
Registered
5 Posts
i also use the granular over the pellets also started out with blackpowder hard to teach an old dog new tricks , was tickled pink to hear about the buckhorn powder got some last fall late and didnt want to resight my cva buckhorn but this year im sighting in my t/c triumph with it . now all ive got to do is try to figure out how to bore sight a break open action

1 - 10 of 10 Posts