Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hunting this morning where I had seen does before and had no luck. I was very upset that I thought I had a good spot a week ago and today it was like a grave yard so I went out this eveningto scout for tomorrow morning and I came across a trail of white hair blackish gray at one end leading out of the woods about 200 yards from where I saw deer. I think it is deer hair :-/. I was bummin a bit. Do you guys think I should try to hunt again the same spot and hope more deer are there? or do you think this scared off the deer and I should try another spot?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Just sit tight on your stand and give the deer a chance to come to you
its great to see deer ,it makes the day go faster.but it wont always happen that way..
Enjoy the time on the stand

·
Registered
9 Posts
If there is sign in the ara that says there are deer there trust it. I hunt a small peice of property and it was doing the same thing. The sign was there but I was not seeing anything until monday at 4:30 and my slow week turned into a nice 8 pt. The weather here in NY has been warm and most of the action seems to have been at night.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
It's the same here in Vermont in my hunting areas, PLENTY of nightime activity but during hunting hours, nothing.
I think the only thing that can help my Rifle season now is snow, Our Rifle season ends Sunday Nov.29th, So I'm praying daily for some SNOW :w00t:

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Yes we are supposed to get snow tonight in the area I'm hunting but I'll believe it when I see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts