Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the last thing anyone wants to be doing when going into the field, is carrying a bunch of stuff in his or her hands. A bow and maybe a flashlight is expected. but thats it.
For the past several years, I have been going to the stand just as I intend to hunt. wearing everything in the stand to the stand. My current pack just isnt large enough to carry my hunting gear and my outerware at the same time.

What packs has anyone else had a good experience using?

G

·
i'm cheap when it comes to some things and a pack is one of them. i use the remington big horn that i got from wally. its the one with the detachable fanny pack. i've got several of them because i grab them when they roll back to 15 bucks. i use the straps on the out side for my heavier outerwear. pretty comfortable with the padded shoulder straps and waist strap/fanny pack. now keep in mind i don't carry a stand in and out they stay locked to the tree normally. i have hauled my summit in as well but its not fun. i'll also be using a bow sling this year for the first time so this may help.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds pretty good, especially the price. but our wallyworld doesnt carry much of anything worth a hoot and then what they do have they rotate back into the warehouse till next season shortly after the season starts. unfortunatly by doing that you have to go out and make all your seasonal purchases at the begining of the season when the prices are highest and all at once.

G

·
yea they makes in rough. i've gotten those 100 dollar six way parkas for as little as 15 dollars. climbing stands 50, hang on 25, ladders 50. just got to keep my eyes open from mid season on.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have spent roughly a month looking around for a decent hunting pack on the cheap and have been so far unsuccessful, at least finding what I want in a pack. I checked some higher end packs on line, but the info and imagery leave much to be desired. so I sent an email to one of the pack companies outlining the shortcomings of their product descriptions. we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
602 Posts
when i hunt on the lease in Ga. the truck is never to far away, but instead of a backpack, i wear an Orange bird hunting vest. Has enough orange to please the "man" and enough pockets to carry my water and such. If i'm hoofing it for hogs, i just have a small backpack ffrom Wally World i use. carries everything i need.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is really begining to smell bad.(stink)

I can find cheap and inexpensive, cheap and expensive, quality and very expensive, not what I am looking for and priced right.

what a bummer.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have finally found what I am looking for in a pack. Its gonna cost me in the $$$ area but you cant beat the warrantee. so far its between the Badlands 2200 and the 2800.

Official Site of Badlands Backpacks

·
Registered
591 Posts
Try military surplus. They made a kindof fanny pack with belt and shoulder straps that I liked pretty good. Also had straps to tie stuff on the outside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts