Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to the site this is my first post, i had a question about atv;s while hunting...this is my first season hunting and with a bow, i have been scouting in the mountains up behind my house, and i ride my fourwheeler...actually today i drove up on to big doe this morning around 2 o'clock about 30 yrds away....would this be enough to spook them into not coming back there?...and how far away from my stand should i park my fourwheeler?...

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I use a 4 wheeler on some hunts and my 4 wheeler has never been a problem during a hunt,
deer get used to hearing and seeing them in the areas I use my 4 wheeler so it's not anything new to them not in those areas anyway.
I usually park about 200 yards away.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I ride in on my honda when the water is low
then i will walk to my stand were ever it may be
While I have been hunting on a stand i have noticed deer that are in the open , head for cover or get on alert when they here one coming

·
Registered
138 Posts
If people normally ride 4 wheelers on that land it isn't a problem. Don't give them too much credit. Especially Does

Deer are pretty smart, but I still see a lot dead on the side of the road. Catch my drift.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Around here the deer are pretty used to the 4 wheelers and such. Some will stay and look as you go by and others will bolt. But I always see the deer after riding in. I used to park a little ways away but now with that new exhaust system I have to park much, much further. But if there are other 4 wheelers riding around your area then the deer pretty much get accustomed to them. Oh and welcome to the site Chad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts