Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, with all the different manufacturers of carbon arrows out there and the various offerings from each, it is really a confusing task to get the best arrow for the buck for a particular bow.

I have been using carbon express 350 for the past several years.

I would like to get a couple dozen for my new bow and have been looking at the aramidkv from Carbon Express, the gold tip pro hunter from Gold tip which are both available locally.

any suggestions or recommendations??

·
Registered
602 Posts
i shoot Gold Tips also. have had no complaints. Even got me a free dozen from them. called them and told them there was a problem with my arrows. couldn't shoot them, they were stuck together. see photo. they sent me 12 new ones. :pickle::pickle:

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going to try the gold tip XT hunters to start with. a little less expensive that the hunter pros and besides, the pros are out of stock right now.
If I go to the 90 gr Muzzys, I will be throwing arrows at right about 300 gr.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a strange year. I am going to have to go buy a lotery ticket.
I went to get some work done on the X-Force and order the xt hunters on Saturday, seems the hunter pros came in the day before, so I got those instead.

G

·
they break real easy coming out of my xforce at 326fps, but i'm not sure any arrow would hold up to a miss, limb, or rock at those speeds. if there is a carbon arrow that will, please post the name.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a carbon express 350 double richochet off of a truck and car fender a few years ago. it was a solid sounding contact. I checked the shaft for any kind off damage both visual and audible. I did not find any damage and put the arrow back into the inventory. I also had a richochet off of a twig this season that stuck the broadhead into a good sized sappling, which I had to cut out with my hunting knife. It also showed no evidence off damage and was returned for further use.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
what are you doing shooting at cars and trucks?
those are only murals or stick-on graphics dude!!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts