Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I hate it when I do that. I was having a pretty good shoot at daylight this morning and was on about my 20th shot when it happened. Trying to hold on the dot and I guess I relaxed my wrist or didn't hold my position or something, next thing I know the arrow is trying to go and I still have a hold on the string. Man that hurts.:wallbash:

I don't think anything is hurt but my pride but at the time it happened I thought I pulled my arm out of the socket.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Too many in too fast repetition. Even though you did not realize it you got tired. Careful that really can hurt you. Glad you're ok.:surprised:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Buckshot, those things happen. Good to hear everythings still in place. I fight the dreaded creep every once and a while, I have to remind myself pull through the shot. Buckshot, does your bow give you the back wall feel when the cam rolls over and you're at full draw, and everything sorta just stops. I know at that point I'm doing everything right. I wonder if the newer more rounded cams give that same feel or is it more pronounced with the D-cams like on my Mathews? Anyone know if this is fact or not?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shoot an old Mathews Z Light and I do get the back wall feel you are talking about. I think
WMI probably hit the nail on the head I was shooting to fast and got tired and a little careless. Still just trying to get my reps in to build strength not really trying to drive tacks.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I hear you, I can only get about once a week in so far. See the surgen on Monday for 2nd check up. Things are really slow healing. At least when I do shoot the arrows are getting to the kill zone. That new Block 4X4 target is pretty good, pricy but so far I like it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The other thing it could be is that your draw is a touch too long on your bow for a hunting set up. It should always be set a tad short because of winter clothing and lack of perfect form shooting down from a tree stand. This is a very common mistake with bow hunters. Like HM said it is very important to not only feel the wall but a solid wall everytime, a shorter draw will ensure this regardless of body angle. 1/2" is all it takes.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts