Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 1 of 10 Posts

· Administrator
5,533 Posts

Any RESIDENT of Vermont who certifies that he or she is serving on active duty in the armed forces of the United States or is performing, or is under orders to perform, a homeland defense or state-side contingency operation for a period of 120 or more consecutive days may obtain at no cost a hunting or fishing license or combination hunting and fishing license. A person who obtains a license under this provision may keep the license until it expires, whether or not the person continues to serve in the armed forces. If requesting a hunting or combination license, you also need to submit a copy of your hunter education certification, a previous hunting license, or sign an affidavit stating you have held a hunting license.

A NONRESIDENT member of the armed forces of the United States who certifies that he or she is on active duty and stationed at a military, air or naval post, station or base within Vermont may buy a license to hunt or fish at the resident fee. (Resident Fishing, $22.00 Resident Hunting, $22.00)

These licenses are available from our Waterbury office and online (effective July 1, 2011). They are not available at license agents at this time. Any questions on eligibility for military licenses should be directed to 802-241-3695 or [email protected] or sent to:

Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife
ATTN: Licensing
103 South Main Street
Waterbury, Vermont 05676-0501
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.