Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weight scares me a little, has anyone been able to do it themselves without killing someone in the process? The one I am looking at is around 800lbs and rated for I think 40 guns. I will probibly pay the 250.xx for the pros to deliver and place it.

Karl

·
Registered
215 Posts
My buddy lifted his into the basement with a crane before they built the main floor onto the house. There is no way that thing is coming out short of a fire or cutting a big ol' hole in the roof and floors.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
The weight scares me a little, has anyone been able to do it themselves without killing someone in the process? The one I am looking at is around 800lbs and rated for I think 40 guns. I will probibly pay the 250.xx for the pros to deliver and place it.

Karl
If you pay to have them deliver and setup, you might want to make sure they are bonded/insured. Just in case !!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I hadn't thought about movers bonded/insured...

I never thought about that, I figured if they are advertized at the store that would be a given. I guess it teaches me again not to assume...

Karl

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I got lucky i couldnt make up my mind between 2 safes and if i woulda picked the bigger one it wasnt fitting past the cellar door.I like to c the size of Hm"s safe.Does it hold 200?:wink:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Get the movers. I used to manage a moving and storage firm and if you hire the movers, for one thing, they carry their own insurance. If you drop it, you eat the damages. They will bring 4-6 guys and probably a piano-board (used to move big heavy stuff) and they will manage it. Measure it all to make sure it will fit around corners and thru doors before they come out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.