Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love it myself, though I rarely go. This is old school hunting ammo here folks. As well as tools and such to be found.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
here in ny theres really no where to do with out doing an archeology dig:crybaby:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
that stinks. in tenn pretty much wherever you got a farmer with a freshly plowed field you have a chance of finding one. i enjoy looking for them just never seem to find the time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
joel the mohawk valley of nys ant bad just look around stream beds and in farm fields.here is a link on fyi HOME if you go please show repect for their ways dont confuse it with the kanatajagwee shrine down the road that is a cahtlic site lot of sites around here but the exact local is hush hush to keep them safe back in dutchess county i knew a lot of spots on the mt beacon to find them

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
THATS COOL BILL THANKS i remember going on a dig when i was a kid in dutchess somewhere along the river

·
Registered
123 Posts
on the hudson and spotas on mt beacon my late dad would take me to look for them. now days when i find them half the time if i am alone i leave it for some one else to enjoy the find. if i keep it i give it away to a friend or a kid

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Yeah man if your area has a history of Native American camps or migrations of such you may have some good findings in recently plowed fields that are near creeks, rivers and streams. There is an abundance of Native culture and heritage in my area. On my reservation (Seneca) we have history of a Delaware tribe of NA's and an Erie tribe of NA's. I have found many arrowheads and axe heads around here. Sorry for the lateness in the reply but I just came across your post a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Funny Story

I used to go huntin' for them all the time on the banks of the TN river in West TN. We have found hundreds and hundreds of them (full points and chpped ones as well) but as of the past few years, TWRA have been cracking down hard on people caught with the artifacts (illegal since most pick em up off of federal land). The last time i went out I came upon a whole Indian skeleton buried with bowls and full points.

Also, i have a funny story. A friend of my dad's ( wealthy landowner) called and talked to him about several points he found while he was disking up his fields for hunting. He said he found several of these long, thinner points, all in one place. He talked to a researcher at a local college who came down and did an archelogical dig in the area (the land owner told him he could keep all he could find). The man eventually showed dad a picture of the points he had let the researcher take....70% of these points (about 10-20) were fully fluted clovis points with no chips breaks or scratches.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I'm like critter gitter I've never done it either BUT I'f anyone has a picture or 2 of their findings to share with us, I'd love to see some pics..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts