Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started banjo lessons yesterday. Boy do I stink!

Wife starts guitar and daughter starts mandolin this week as well.

Just curious if we got anyone else trying to learn some strings as well or some ol pros that want to give me some beginner advice.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
I'm a self taught guitar player which means I don't know jack about theory or reading music.
best advice you'll ever get is this,
if you want to be good at any instrument you have to practice with it daily not weekly or monthly.
The more you have the instrument in your hands the more you'll learn about it.
If at first you think you sound horrible its because you probably do, you're not skilled musicians yet so dont get discouraged in the beginning BUT
you will be amazed at how things sound after a couple months of learning and continued practice :w00t:

Good Luck to all you folks

Do you folks enjoy Country Music?
Any particular song/s you guys are setting as a goal to play?

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
I can barely tie my shoes let alone pick some music. BF, I think ear plugs might be in-order for a couple of months! Nice the whole family is getting into the music thing! When is the bluegrass lawn festival happening at your place?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
My sister-in-law's son (by another marriage) taught himself by youtube. I guess there are lots of videos on there that teach you how to get started and play anything.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
I never had much interest in it but my oldest daughter playes the guitar
& has been taking lessons of about 6 monthes & like Bruce mentioned I could not stand listening to her at first but I am impressed with how she playes now. She just started using the slide a couple weeks ago & it is amazing what she can do with it
just keep with it

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No lawn care blue grass anytime soon. We would run off the dogs right now. But everyone is still enjoying and spending time with it.

Our teacher plays bluegrass gospel. He started us on slow songs (though there is no such thing on a banjo) Im learning "Blessed Assurance" and my wife is working on "Nothing but the Blood" on the guitar.

Buckshot you need to move closer so you can show me a few things every now and then!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.