Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Live in Clyde, south of Sandusky...any luck this year?
No luck yet, seen lots of does and yearlings and when I finally decided to take one I just mad a horrible shot. I hunt in Bath on a 125 acre private farm that borders a nature preserve...I've seen LOTS of massive bucks last year, I got a nice 8 pointer. I only hope I don't make a poor shot on one of those monsters if opportunity presents itself:wink:

Any luck yourself?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saturday when I went out had 3 bucks come within 50 yards of me but ufortuantely they were down wind of me. Didnt get spooked but you could tell they new something was up. One was nice, had to be around 140 class. Good luck guys. Let me know if you take any monsters.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saturday when I went out had 3 bucks come within 50 yards of me but ufortuantely they were down wind of me. Didnt get spooked but you could tell they new something was up. One was nice, had to be around 140 class. Good luck guys. Let me know if you take any monsters.
I have yet to see one buck this year:confused: They're being totally nocturnal. In a couple weeks I'll see less and less does and more and more bucks...that's how it was last year too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ironton Ohio here...seen a few button bucks and small basket racks but have seen signs that the big ones are rubbing on trees so from the size of the tree that they rubbed it should be a good year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reedsville in good ol Meigs county right here,lol.
I've seen so many does its hard to count,but only a few bucks,one worth shooting but he never came close enough.:shocking:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ravenna here,I took a decent six last year out of west branch,Im hunting private property this year,seen does but no bucks yet,the signs are there,its just a matter of timing now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Springfield here...I haven't seen any bucks yet. Seen 3 nice does yesterday but was able to get a shot off....woods are still pretty thick around here! Good luck to everyone:bye:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I rattled in a nice buck in yesterday morning. I had a buck decoy out, the wind was perfect, he tended his scrapes and thrashed some trees with his antlers...and walked off:sad:. I did a snort weez and he still just walked off.

I moved my stand closer to his scrape line and went back this morning and the ESE wind was screwing everything up:thumbdown: it's the absolute worst wind direction for the property I'm hunting

I just can't win:wallbash:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
you need to have other spots set up or still huntt from the ground when the wind is bad for your stand.otherwise your going to be counting trees and alerting the deer with your smell

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you need to have other spots set up or still huntt from the ground when the wind is bad for your stand.otherwise your going to be counting trees and alerting the deer with your smell
Yeah, That's what I did tonight. I had a ground blind that I built a few weeks ago and sat in there tonight. I saw a nice buck chasing a doe right at dark and another buck came into my decoys! Too bad he was a would-be 6 pointer...he only had one side.

Oh well, it was exciting to see the action getting going:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
keep at it you'll get em:wink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts