Deer Hunting Forums banner

Any hockey fans in here?

4K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
Simply put, as the title states, lookin to see who here likes hockey. I'm a huge Pens fan myself and tonight was especially kind to the franchise. Not only did we get a win on home ice but the Washingon Capitals finally lost their winning streak at 14 games. I've never felt such excitement, rooting for someone besides Pittsburgh, as I did when Montreal won that game in OT! The NHL record is 17 games done by none other than the '92-'93 'Guins.

#5 ·
Yeah, Domi was a prick as well. Todd Bertuzzi paralyzed a guy, he clocked the guy when he had his back turned. George Laraque was pretty awesome when it came to fighting. He played for Pittsburgh, Montreal and Florida. Brashear's a monster as well, he was just released by the Rangers today. Carcillo from Philadelphia likes to scrap alot as well.

#6 ·
Preds fan here. Never watched hockey till Nashville TN got a team. Went and seen them live against the Red Wings and had a new respect for hockey that I never had. Followed them pretty hard for a couple of years and then seemed to get to busy to get up there for some games. (wife started popping out babies)

I still keep up with them a little bit but havent been to a game in 3 years.

TG since the rule change the "scrapping" has been cut down quite a bit. The refs usually step in and try to stop it at first. 6 or 7 years ago at a Preds game you had more fights than points. On average you would get 4 or 5 good fist throwing scenes per game. When they started trying to cut it out there would be several games I went to without a squirmish.

G
#10 · (Edited)
RE: The problem i

RE: The problem is that the de-leveraging is enurmoos and the money multiplier is currently running at 0. Banks are increasing reserves, decreasing lending and using billions to pay themselves instead of repair their balance sheet. If we can magically wait and it all fixes itself you might see high inflation when that money floods out. However, nothing has changed at all in the system except that the banks are now zombies. Continued deflation is in the cards in this environment. Rate this comment: 0 0

#13 ·
I enjoyed it myself.. Those young U.S.A. guys will realize how close they came to doing what everyone said was impossible before these games started.. They may have had their head down after the game but in time they will appreciate the silver..

Plus we scared the crap outta all them Canadian hockey maniacs.. They woulda been burning the streets down if they would have lost to us..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.