Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did some spotlighting tonight. ( yes, i have a gun and light permit, for hogs and such) Run into this guy out in a cow pasture, had a few friends with him, but they took off when this big guy hit the ground.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Wow another awesome kill for the roaster!!! Good Job!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bruce. my freezer has been full. lol. i shoot to fill other peoples freezers now. The property i got a hold of, the landowner just wants them gone. have to find people needing or wanting meat. lol. some of the smaller pigs are used for yote bait.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I would think just a couple of gut piles would serve well as bait for the yotes.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think just a couple of gut piles would serve well as bait for the yotes.
actually the buzzards will have a gut pile gone in about an hour. no sign that something died there. I know it doesn't sound to good, but i had to change my thought process alittle also. I got this property for hog eridication, it is a target rich environment and we are over run with hogs in Florida. so you take the pick of the good eating hogs and dispose of the rest. still have more people to give hogs to. but at some point their freezers will be full also. The shelters down here will NOT take wild hogs. Leaves me in a quandry what to do with them all.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
If you're going to be wallowing in pork, You could set yourself or a friend up doing wild pig roasts as a side business for family gatherings, beach parties, business events, etc...
Might even be worth setting up at local fairs/carnivals or even church events, church's are always looking for fundraising opportunities. just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
What HM said I was thinking the same thing
very Nice hog

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HM, GFD if y'all figure away to get it to ya, i'll happily fill your freezers. lol

·
Registered
986 Posts
Scott,thanks for the donation of the hog for my sons benifit BBQ.He finely came home today after getting hit by an SUV on his motorcycle.Having the BBQ to raise funds to help him pay his bills while hes out of work. Thanks again Scott your a true friend.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts