Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to buy a new bow and im planing on getting the Hoyt Alphamax 32 or The Mathews Dxt or Drenalin. But i need to find out some info first, and id like to find out some advantages and disadvantages about the three bows.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I too have narrowed my search for a new bow. I'm down to the Alphamax 32 and the DXT. My buddy hunts with the Drenalin and he's nailing good groups to 70 yards, killin deer from 10-50 yards and loves the preformance of the bow. For my needs I want a really fast bow without the hassle of dual cams. I need a short bow due to some of the angles I sometimes find myself in so I narrowed it down to the two mentioned above. Short bows are sometimes very unforgiving if you flinch or jerk on release or if you graze your arm. The long brace height means you absolutely have to be consistant with your site picture when aiming because the arrow is only on the rest for a short time. I haven't met anyone who has shot either, but I plan to get out to my dealer within the month to shoot both. My recommendation would be to do the same. Shoot em both and see which one makes you feel like you can shoot the wings off a gnat at 40 yards. Good luck on your quest. May all your kills be quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts