Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m realy thinking about a new bow. After doing my research with regard to specs, capability, and my perdonal needs I've narrowed my search down to the Hoyt Alpha Max 32 Vs the Matthews DXT. I haven't had a chance to shoot either, but would welcome feedback from those of you with experience. I usually concentrate on shots from 10 to 45 yards and often shoot from tight situations and odd angles thus the need for the short bow.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't think anyone could be hunting in tighter or thicker stuff than I do. I hunt with a Drenalin and have no problems. Personal opinion is use which ever fits you the best and learn your arrow path arch inside and out. We have had this my bow vs. his bow conversations before and the truth is today's bows have really no limitations for the most part but the shooter themselves.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I agree for the most part. You've done your homework and now close your eyes and pick one. Everyone has an opinion, I like Mathews over Hoyt. I shoot an older Q2XL and its been the best bow for me. Bowtech seems to be gaining marketplace sales also. Can't go wrong on either model though. Get it set up right and you'll be happy. Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Understand where you are coming from. A friend of mine bought a tree lounge several years ago. It sounded like the thing to do at the time and after doing research that included ease of climbing, weight of the stand, warrenty and all he went with the tree lounge. It's still sitting in the shed after only one use. Experiences shared by others good and bad are always appreciated.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Bowtech did have some recalls recently you might want to check on. My personal feedback is same as huntingman. I have owned or shot darn near everything on the market and Mathews was my choice. You are going to get all kinds of opinions about all kinds of bows because in the woods they are everyone's best friend so everyone becomes very attached to what they shoot. It comes down to how the bow feels to you, dependability, and speed of service if ever needed.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thought I would let you know on another forum that I frequent that is a archery mostly format the exact same question came up with just about all the same answers. Most replies preferred the Mathews. Both bows had good reviews but Mathews warranty and service stood out. Gosh I hope this helps. Also Martin and of course Bowtech were mentioned as other possibilities. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.